Sunday, January 30, 2011

Training Plan 01/31-02/08

If you follow my log, you'll notice that last week's training didn't pan out exactly as I wrote it. I ended up skipping out on pilates after deciding to work from home to avoid campus Tuesday (classes are back in session and campus is a zoo) and Friday I didn't run as I was busy getting ready to have some friends over. The decision to not run Friday was also motivated by the fact that I was just damn tired. This was particularly true for my legs which have felt heavy since I started running again after the 1/2. I am seeing some improvements in the fatigue but I think I may have jumped back on the road a bit after sending my body through that 13.1 mile hell two weeks ago today. Taking Friday off thus seemed like a good way to give my body an extra day to recover without setting me back too far.

That was the thought anyway until I ran on Saturday AND today. I guess I just really wanted to get the miles in. In some respect, this attitude is great as it gets me out the door. However, it also could very likely lead me to injury, especially given that I'm clearing not recovering so well right now. That being said, this week I will to take an extra day off. I may do some light cross-training on this day but most likely I'll just take it off. With that in mind, here's how the week's shapin' up:


Monday -- 01/31 -- OFF or Bike Easy 20 minutes, Stretch

Tuesday -- 02/01 -- Run Easy 3 miles, Strength (I wanted this to be pilates but, as of today, my ID doesn't work at the gym (probably due to some registration issues I've been having) so I wouldn't be able to get in to the class. Hopefully this'll change in the next couple weeks.), Stretch

Wednesday -- 02/02 -- OFF

Thursday -- 02/03 --OFF or Bike Easy 20 minutes, Stretch

Friday -- 02/04 -- Run Easy 3 miles, Stretch

Saturday -- 02/05 -- OFF

Sunday -- 02/05 -- Run Long 6 miles, Stretch


Total: 12 miles

No comments: