Sunday, January 9, 2011

Training Plan 01/10-01/16

Those that know me, know I am an extreme planner. I thrive off of schedules and routines and deviations from them can sometimes send me in a frenzy. Maybe it's the capricorn in me.

One of my favorite things to plan out is my training and race calendar; currently I have my daily workouts and racing schedule set until October 2011. This might be taking things a little far but that's me.

In attempts to both post more and keep myself more accountable to my plan, I've decided to post my running schedule every week. I recognize there's probably only a handful of folks who follow my blog but feel free to make comments/suggestions on my plan. Don't suggest anything too drastic though; otherwise I'll freak out! I kid. The plan for next week is below. To see my progress, click on the link to my logarun training blog to the right.


Monday -- 01/10 -- Run Easy 20 minutes, Stretch

Tuesday -- 01/11 -- Strength Class 30 minutes

Wednesday -- 01/12 -- Run Easy 20 minutes, Elliptical 20 minutes, Stretch (This is weather pending. They're calling for snow on Wednesday but not saying how much just yet. If I can't get to the gym this day, I'll run Thursday before taking off and move the elliptical to Friday's workout. This may happen anyway if I'm extra sore/tired from the prior days.)

Thursday -- 01/13 -- OFF (Flying to Phoenix to visit my sister!)

Friday -- 01/14 -- Run, Easy 20 minutes, Strength (Core + free weights), Stretch

Saturday -- 01/15 -- OFF

Sunday -- 01/16 -- Run, Easy 4 miles, Stretch (I will be running the 1st 4 miles of the Phoenix Rock n' Roll 1/2 Marathon this day. I was supposed to do the full half but an early winter injury and illness required a lot of unplanned time off. I just hope I don't get excited and try to do more than 4!)

2 comments:

Christine said...

I follow your blog and I'm actually insanely curious to know about your training schedules... I'm also a big planner and though I trot along at a much slower pace, would love a sneak peek at how you do your thang :)

Chelsea said...

Sweet! Feel free to borrow my plans! Are you running any races in the near future? I'm actually going to come home for the Runnin' of the Green Island 4-miler in March (see my race calendar); you should run it too and then we can get a beer afterwards :).