Saturday, April 11, 2009

Road Race PRs

Instead of doing work that I really need to do, I decided to try and come up with a list of my road race PRs. I know my cross-country and track PRs pretty well from high school and college but haven't never really taken the time to look at my road race times until now. After an exhaustive google and cool running searches, here's what I came up with:

Road Race PRs
5K - 19:01 - 2002
4 mile - 26:56 - 2000
5 mile - 31:34 - 2004
10K - 50:53 - 2008
1/2 Marathon - 1:59:42 - 2008

Because I was competing on a team for 3 seasons, there wasn't much time for road racing in my younger years. Funnily however, many of my road race PRs are from early 2000 when I was competitive. This isn't surprising, considering I was in good shape during this time. PRs from longer distances (namely the 10K and 1/2 marathon) are not surprisingly from my later years since I didn't attempt to race farther than 5 miles (and that was pushing it) when I was on the team. These times are also slower than what might be expected by looking at my other road PRs which, again, is not surprising given my post-competitive fitness level.

What's kind of cool however is that none of the times are outstandingly fast and are actually quite reachable; I believe I could hit new PRs in the near future for all distances given a bit of consistency on my part (Well, except for maybe the 5-mile and the 5K; aiming to go much faster than those times right now, might be a bit of a stretch right now, though maybe not impossible). This is something I hadn't really thought about until I saw all the times written out. Looks like I have a new running-based goal!

No comments: