Sunday, February 27, 2011

Training Plan 2/28-03/06

Last week's shoe test results are in: my new GT-2160s are not part of the achilles problem. In fact, they may even be helping with the healing. Tuesday's run in my old GT-2150's clearly showed that those shoes are well past their prime; for the entire 20 minutes it felt like I was running on concrete! Even just walking around in the old sneaks earlier in the day left me with achy heels. Needless to say, the rest of the week's runs were done in the new shoes. Still no major developments on the achilles front which is good and bad. Good because it means things aren't getting any worse; bad because it means they're also not getting an better. I take that back. I do think things have improved slightly compared to a few weeks ago. But I also think (know) that I'm far from being in the clear yet. That being said, here's next week. I'm hoping to add a couple miles and maybe try a one-mile tempo (if there is such a thing) to prep for the upcoming 4-miler (yes, still on the schedule, albeit it with different goals in mind. Stay tuned for a race plan/goals post soon!)

Monday -- 02/28 -- Run Easy 3 miles, Stretch

Tuesday --03/01 -- Strength Class

Wednesday -- 03/02 -- Pool/Cross-train 30 minutes, Stretch

Thursday -- 03/03 -- OFF

Friday -- 03/04 -- Run Easy 3 mile w/ 1 mile @ 8:15-8:30, Strength, Stretch

Saturday -- 03/05 --OFF

Sunday -- 03/06 -- Run Long 4 miles, Stretch


Total: 10 miles

No comments: