Friday, August 14, 2009

Updated Race Calendar

With the orthotics in place and feeling good (for the most part), I'm going to take my first running steps this weekend. It'll be slow and short; the plan is to do three sets of five minutes of walking, five of running back to back. I'm nervous to start back given that every other time I've started up, I've had to stop again. But with a solid two months of no running under my belt and a plan to get back reeeeeally slowly, this time will hopefully be different.

The ultimate goal is to get back for a few fall 5Ks, the first of which falls on the first weekend in October. I don't plan to run any PRs this fall but do hope to get to a point where running is comfortable and painless again; where races aren't disappointing but fun. Hopefully by getting back into it slowly, I'll set myself up for a solid race season in 2010.

No comments: