Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More Bleepin' Changes

My race schedule has changed yet again. A few months ago I emailed a bunch of UNH women xc/track alums about running a team in the Reach the Beach relay. Initially there was a good amount of interest but that seemed to wane as people checked their schedules and bank accounts. This includes myself who's bank account is not exactly in the best shape right now. With RTB off the schedule, September opens up in terms of races. As I have it now, I plan to run the Fox Point Sunset 5-miler in early September (official date yet to be announced) and the Eliot Festival Day 5K on the last weekend of the month. I ran the Eliot Festival Day 5K last year and loved it; it was a great course and great atmosphere and the food spread at the end of the race was unbelievable! Needless to say I'm pretty happy I'll get to run it again this year.

I got my new runnings shoes Monday and am looking forward to taking my first run in them. That was supposed to happen today but have decided to take today off. I am incredibly sore as a result of some harder runs at the end of last week (Kara kicked my ass! -- in a good way of course though) and dodgeball. Yes, dodgeball. The first game of the new season was last night and, while it was fun, it was surprisingly (read: embarrassingly) hard on the bod. In addition to my legs, my 3rd toe on my left foot is also sore. Why? In a act of grace, I dropped the base of my blender on it. All I wanted was a milkshake and I ended up with a bruised and potentially broken toe. Fortunately it doesn't bother me when I walk since it's in the middle of the toe line and doesn't get used all that much. It should therefore be ok to run on, but I figured and extra day away from running couldn't hurt. (For the record I did still make the milkshake and it was delicious).

No comments: